Helpful furniture removal tips
- Create an inventory of what you will be moving to your new address
- Sell, give away anything you no longer want.
- Contact us and get a quote for your removal.
- Book your removal
- Check out any insurance you may require.
- Arrange Storage if necessary.
- Pack those boxes.
- The best advice we can give is to begin packing well ahead of the move.
- We recommend you use good, strong boxes, and always fully secure the bottoms.
- Concentrate on one room at a time, and clearly label every box by item and room.
- Designate an area close to your front door to place all your filled boxes before the move.
These hints will help you pack like a professional
- Start by packing the items you don't need for your daily living routine.
- Pack all your one of a kind items (including wills, share certificates, jewellery, photographs, and home videos) separately so that they can be carried with you on moving day. Or you could consider moving these belongings to a safety deposit box until after the move.
- Pack your breakables loosely with plenty of wrapping.
- Make sure the boxes are clearly labelled FRAGILE, and stack them towards the top of your piles.
- Pack your non-breakables tightly in smaller boxes.
- Try to keep them to a weight you feel comfortable carrying. Pack your books flat and alternate the bindings so they stack evenly.
- If you can, pack small appliances and electronic equipment in the boxes they came in, and tape them securely.
- Make sure you have enough wardrobe boxes it will save you ironing later.
- When you take your bed apart, bind the frames together with tape or rope.
- Cover your tables with old linen or a blanket. If you can, remove the legs. Wrap the nuts and bolts in a plastic bag and tie them to a leg.
- For white goods, appliances, and other electronic equipment, check your owners manual for any special instructions for moving.
- Secure all drawers, ice containers, and other loose parts in your refrigerator. Pad any exposed coils to protect them during the move.